Springspiration

With the arrival of Spring (some time soon, I'm told) comes a lot of inspiration to make things. To finally turn all that homespun yarn into cushions, toys, shawls and other wearables. To finally turn all that fabric into coats, skirts and pants. And to finally turn that plot of land we call a back garden into a fruitful vegetable patch.
But first, some stash enhancement...
On the yarn front...
100 gram of roving turned into...
568 m of BLF and silk goodness (2-ply). Courtesy of the Dutch Wool Diva (January yarn club).  
There's more yarn in the making...

This one speaks for itself... 
I started spinning it yesterday, quite thin, again, planning to turn it into a n-ply yarn. But I might change my mind and twine it with something twinkly. Who knows...
Fabric-wise, I have been inundated with the stuff... Not only did I get meters of green/brown fabric which would be perfect for a tunic or long skirt, yesterday we also went to a 2nd-hand store where there was so much blue fabric, I just had to help them get rid of it...
fltr: the boho fabric, backing for my fish blanket, stretch jeans, fleece, light and dark blue knit fabric, and some  fabric for a nice shirt
Very happy with those!
And last but not least, for the garden...
Jerusalem artichokes
For these small roots, I will have to clear an entire border, as they create massive plants with bright yellow flowers. Lots of work to do this weekend!


But first, back to the fish blanket... And now pictures until my little nephew is born, no spoilers!!!

Comments

petra said…
Wat een mooie wol zeg! Prachtige kleuren! groeten Petra
Rebecca said…
Oh waauw dat ziet er prachtig uit! ♥

Popular posts from this blog

Skew you too!

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8