Round 4!

And then, before you know it, you have knit 3 rounds of socks, lol... Time has just taken me along for a walk and before I knew it, it was May.
In a nutshell:

Round 1: Demogorgon's Lair by Dots Dabbles. Third finisher! I was eager...


Round 2: Echoes by Liz Harris. I was the 5th knitter to finish in this round...


Round 3: Inky Madness by Susan Gehringer. 6th to finish!


These last socks almost did me in. The combination of lace and cables made me prick a hole in my finger, so I'm on a no-knitting diet until the next round... As this round has just ended, round 4 could start any day. Or it could be a few days... You never know with the Sock Madness...

I do have some adjustments to make to the round 3 socks, as they are too big and the toes don't really suit me... But that can wait for a bit. I also ordered some more sock yarn, because for some odd reason, I never have the type I want for the socks I'm going to knit. Go figure...

In the meantime, while not knitting (or spinning), I finished reading War & Peace, read most of Mythos and am halfway book 1 of 1Q84, a riveting read! I'd almost forgotten how much fun reading was. That's the problem with being a translator; because you're immersed in text all day, the last thing you want to do at night is pick up more texts! I first started with audio books, listening to them on the bike on my way to work, and listening to the Kiterunner was definitely a great way to get through the ground elder in the garden. I am slowly working my way through the Dutch and international classics that I never got round to reading, and at the same time I'm getting to and from the office in no time. I also have an electric bike now, so the journey is cut in half anyway. I never wanted one, but after slugging against terrible wind a few times and trying out an e-bike at a show event, I was sold.

So, I'm back to my book, while keeping an eye on the Sock Madness forums... Happy knitting!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skew you too!

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8