Going, going....

And the decision has been made. Gulp... The feathers will be frogged and I am lengthening the stole. When I saw this the decision was easy. Tonight will be the night. I've still got a bit of rose left in the bottle, and together with some Japanese nuts that will ease the pain of all that hard work being undone. But hey, I had also made a mistake in the feathers, which will now be taken out too, yeah!
Nothing to show for my diaper efforts. I spent a lot of time making a proper template in cardboard, which saves a lot of time when you have to draw out the shape on multiple layers of fabric, and reading and re-reading the instructions until (a glass of rose later) I finally got what she meant. I'm trying out the Wee Weka AIOs in the S/M size. It is slightly bigger than the Jobbes pattern I've been using, so baby S's butt should be sufficiently covered this way. And guess what? I thought I had loads of fabric for diapers. Uhm? Where? I do have some jungle fleece which I've already cut up, but because another fleece blanket meant for diapers has become such a treasured member of the family on outings to cover baby S's legs or the grass so we can have a picknick, I can't cut it up... I'll have another rummage through big S's T-shirt collection (next SnB meeting will hopefully deliver a few more T-shirts as well, yippy!). For the AIOs it is advised not to use cotton on top (hmm, rules out T-shirts then, bummer), but fleece, so maybe I could also attack one of my old fleeces I never wear... And then put some nice embroidery on it...
Stop it!!! You're making more work for yourself!!!!

:-)))

Comments

Tijm said…
Yes Dear, good besluit.
Precies zoals ik je al voorstelde in mijn vorige comment.
Jolanda said…
Help me eraan herinneren dat ik tshirt voor je meeneem. Mag het ook mouwloos zijn?

Popular posts from this blog

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8

Shetland - Days 1 and 2