Mystery stole, part VIII

Yeah, piccies of my stole! While I was pinning it out on the bed, wee H was goofing around and when she lay down for a second, I noticed she is about as tall as the stole is long ;-) As you can see, I only have a short bit of 'flower' pattern. I had knitted about the whole length of the pattern, but the stole turned out to be too long, so I frogged back to the point indicated by Melanie. V happy now. It's wide, but very 'chique'... Tonight, I'm starting on clue 6!



I've also decided not to continue with the house blanket. Because I chose acrylic yarn and not the Rowan indicated, my swatching already indicated it was going to be a bit wider... But, after only 15 cm, it is about 2 meters wide instead of just over a meter (???) and I've already knitted up one whole ball of 300 grams :-S As I have 3 (I could always get more, but prefer not to, weight-wise), I decided to change it for a different pattern, which is easier to extend/shorten than the one from the book. It is still heavy on my wish list, so maybe when I've got some nice soft Rowan... You never know... But then again, I want to knit everything from that book, haha!!!



Comments

Tijm said…
Wat wordt de stola 3 prachtig!Leuk zo met je kindje erbij.
Jolanda said…
Black is beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8

Shetland - Days 1 and 2