Fashionable bum

Our son has a fashionable bum. Not only does he have diapers in all types of materials, with sheep, frogs, Bob the Builder and other fun pictures, but he has been known to sport a Superman diaper, and now is the proud owner of two more jungle diapers ;)
I bought a fleece from the Action some time ago and have made quite a few bum huggers from it (and there is room for some more). On the inside more fleece, nice dark blue thicker fleece, and a few separate inlays from fleece as well. Definitely my material of choice these days. Easy to wash, quick to dry and very absorbent.
I also made some diaper covers, from the remainder of the PUL fabric I had. Unfortunately I did not have enough elastic band (?? how did that happen? O yeah, he's grown, so I need more per cover, duh...), so I substituted it by some tartan ribbon where it did not need to be elasticated.

And here the stripey socks for Hannah, as promised...

As I had the sowing machine out, I also shortened some black trousers, which means I can go out to dinner with my DH tomorrow. First time in Y-E-A-R-S! We don't have a babysitter in the area and usually only go out separately, so there is no real need. But we needed a night out. Desperately. Just go out for an Indian without having to make sure no forks are prodded in eyes and peas disappear into noses. No tantrums. No plates overturned onto the floor. No sauce paintings on the table. No. Quiet. Candlelight. Gleaming eyes. Clean make-up. Foodless clothes. Yes. Romance. Sigh... Wish it was tomorrow already...

And me and my mum, 61 since last Monday! She doesn't look a day over 50...

Comments

MoniqueB. said…
Sauce paintings on the table? hahahahaha. Sounds like how it would go with our kids.
Guess what you'll be talking about during dinner...
Congrats on your moms birthday, lovely diapers for your little boy and cosy socks for the beautiful girl.
Now get dressed and have a good time.
Irma said…
hé hallo, leuk je gezicht eens te zien. Ik ben er inmidels achter dat mijn beeldvorming totaal niet klopt. Ik dacht kort donker haar, zie ik hier weelderig blond. Leuk hoor!

Popular posts from this blog

Skew you too!

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8