Handwerkbeurs

Today I took my daughter H to the Craft Fair in Zwolle. What a success! She had great fun from beginning to end, from the moment we stepped on to the bus till coming home!
We travelled to Zwolle with Simone, and while we were knitting away, H was counting trains, bridges and houses outside. And ate all the sandwiches and an entire apple (I got one wedge, how nice...).
Once there, weathering a short blizzard, we homed in on the 'pimping' table, where H got stuck into decorating a lovely box and then pulled off her skirt, so I could Hotfix that as well :) The results can be seen on Youtube here:



After this, we had to run to be in time for our second workshop, making a friendship band. It took a while, but Hannah did like it a lot. She had this thing about the black strand, which was a spider and she didn't want to touch it. The silver strand was her favourite. We worked on it again on the train back home and should be finished with it soon. Results on photo soon!

Then it was off to the fashion show, where we met up with Monique and her daughter B. The two girls hit it off straight away!

The two of them also felted an egg (styrofoam), which will have pride of place on our Easter table. H thought the big needle was a bit scary, but got stuck in and we made a colourful creation. It has already been introduced to the sticky, plucky hands of wee S, but is still alive...

On the way back, H did pose for a knitting picture. We practiced last night, and I have to say, she's not bad! If I hold and loop the yarn, she can do the rest. So much fun! She definitely takes after her mother in this respect. She also loved watching the women that were spinning and weaving at the fair.

And this is just too cute. Wee H knitting (or pretending too, haha...).



And here it is!!!! My new STASH!!!! Yes, I set myself a budget and stuck to it. I tried to find some Nomotta Punto, but nobody was selling that. Too plain? Hmmm... I had plans to knit some nice baby stuff out of it, but will have to revise my plans... But what I did buy:


Auraucania Ranco Solid, greenish-blue sock yarn and Profi bamboo circs 100 cm (yes, I'm trying bamboo, wow!) Bought at the Wolhalla stand.


Yum yum yum Yvon yarn: BFL sock yarn, colourway Berkenblad, from the one and only Storm op Zolder.


Fabel sock yarn, PINK!, selected by the wee H herself from the stand of Wolhemel.


And some embroidery cotton, to finally make wee S's Nijntje birth 'painting'. Wee H's was so cool, that I wanted to make the twin for wee S, but I had lost it and only found it recently. So, as soon as either Jeanie or my new socks I started last weekend, the Poto-Pomo-Pamo-Pomatomi (pfew), are finished, this will be started.

I managed not to buy any fabrics, or knicknacks, or buttons. Very proud of myself. Only necessary stash... And already updated on Ravelry too!

Comments

MoniqueB. said…
Wat geweldig. En mooie foto's en filmpjes!!!
We vonden het hartstikke gezellig.
Wat heb je mooi spul gekocht, geen voeringsstof gezien wat je nog beviel?

Ik geef je nog even de link naar dat vest van Norah Gaughan wat ik je vertelde.
http://www.berroco.com/ng2/ng2_currer_pv.html

'k zie je woensdag?
Tijm said…
Wat ontzettend leuk dit bericht. Geweldig dat je dochter het zo naar de zin gehad heeft!
Mooi materiaal heb je gekocht zeg!
Showen woensdag??!!
Ik zal je vertellen dat ik aan je dacht toen ik die kleur fabel inkocht, hij heet Pink Dream...

Popular posts from this blog

Skew you too!

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8