Sideways revisited


Pattern: Sideways sock by Yvon (Storm op Zolder)
Yarn: Berkenblad BFL sock wool (Storm op Zolder)
Needles: 2.5 mm Profi bamboo circs

After trying to knit Anastacia with this yarn, I frogged that sock and thought about what other pattern I could use to knit up this lovely yarn. And then it hit me: I still wanted to try the sideways socks again. After reading the instructions again, I saw where I went wrong: I had measured from the heel to the toe instead of the heel to the ball of the foot. That does make a BIG difference, so this time, it did make sense... I am still going to make some adjustments to the calculations with my next sock, to make it a bit tighter still. But I really like the effect of the yarn knit up this way. Happy. On to sock nr. 2!







And other news from the FF household:

Yes, chicken pox... Finally...

Comments

- said…
ohjee, veel jeuk? Een washand met havermout mee in bad hielp hier heel goed tegen jeuk.
Zijdelingsen zien er goed uit. Grappig hoe anders garen eruit kan zien in een andere richting (en heen en weer gebreid).
Montreal Mama said…
Your socks remind me of The Wizard of Oz! I don't know why??

Ah, I remember having the chicken pox... Here they give shots for the pox now when the kid turns 15 months old. Do they have that by you?
Tijm said…
O echt anders zeg!! Wat kijk je er dan vreemd tegen aan zal je altijd de strepen hotizontaal op je netvlies binnen krijgt. Erg mooi, zeker die minderingen bij de teen.

Arme kindjes maar ja,dan hebben ze het maar weer gehad.
Lieke said…
Het ziet er super uit, je sokken. Heel leuk om te zien hoe het garen zijdelings breit.
MoniqueB. said…
Ik vind de sokken SUPERRRRRRRRRRR> wat komt het garen goed uit!!! Echt alsof je berkenbast om je voetje hebt. En wat een gewéldige schoenen. (lees: ik wilde dat ik die kon hebben, op mijn grote voeten lijkt het nergens naar)
En waterpokken gaan hier in het dorp ook rond, wij blijven tot nu toe gespaard.
Calendula zalf helpt tegen littekens. Dikke knuf voor wee S.
Unknown said…
Oh arme kleine! Jeuk is zo vervelend. Maar je sok is mooi en het effect is heel leuk zo in die schoenen.

Popular posts from this blog

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8

Shetland - Days 1 and 2