Monkeys done

Yeah, I finished my Monkeys! They are soooo cool! I just love the Araucania yarn, nice and soft and really suitable for nasty March weather. I can just hug these all day! I had nearly finished them, so brought them along when I went to see my sister yesterday, which got me some frowns as a result, but hey, I can knit and talk at the same time. And pull my son out of the bin, where he went digging for an old, discarded cookie (get it? ;), well actually it was a wee cake...)



Pattern: Monkey, Cookie A.
Yarn: Araucania Ranco Solid, greenish blue
Needles: 2.5 mm, metal circs

And because having just 2 projects on the needles is not enough, I started Charli's Angels, designed for the Yahoo Sock Knitting Group. In pink of course, cheap Fabel, for wee H. After some adjustments (64 down to 48 stitches, pattern over 12 instead of 16) and finishing the short-row heel, it now looks like this:



And how's my 10 going? Quite well to be honest!
1. A pink bra. CHECK! Fixed and wearing it right now. With matching pants!
2. The Knitter's Bible: Knitted Accessoires. Leaved through it, will probably knit a nice scarf, but no action as of yet.
3. Mud Pack. CHECK! Used while taking a bath last Saturday. Heaven. My skin is as soft as a baby's bottom.
4. Photo frame. CHECK! On my desk at te moment. Don't believe me? Lookie here:

5. Bar of soap. My bath was full of other fizzies I hadn't used, so this bar is getting a reign check.
6. Bakbijbel. No action yet.
7. Hair dye. No action yet. Would like to have a haircut first.
8. Book. CHECK! I just put it on Marktplaats.nl (Dutch auction site), with a few other books and some other items. Hopefully this will even generate some cash!
9. Fabric for wee H. Nope. I have some ideas though... Will sketch out something this week.
10. Fabric for wee S. Nope. Idea still firmly lost in my head. He needs a new set of pj's, but that means I also need to get some stretchy fabric for collars and cuffs.

Isabella has entered my queue again. This Knitty pattern just wont leave my mind. I'll dig up my cotton and see if I can still knit something non-socky...

Comments

WLGJr said…
Hello! The knitting is awesome! I've been looking for a knitted pull-over sweatshirt with a hood. I was beginning to think it wasn't possible to be made but seeing your blog has made me believe it is possible. Thanks!
Montreal Mama said…
Those are some great Monkeys. And the color is awesome too!
Tijm said…
Je bent een kanjer!!!!!!!!
Prachtige sokken, sociaal geweest,lijstje afgewerkt, lieve moeder geweest.
Vrouw, waar haal je de energie vandaan want je werkt ook nog in huis en ook nog uit huis (op zolder).
Mijn respect heb je hoor!
MoniqueB. said…
Dat was nog een hele klus, echte monkeysokken! Goed gedaan. ik ga met de araucania de Mystic Light shawl breien, in oranje.
Wat heb je hard gewerkt, petje af.

En de Isabella, wat voor kleur wordt dat?
Ik ga het zelfde model breien maar dan met het monkeysock patroon er in. de makkelijke, die vond mijn moeder mooier.

Popular posts from this blog

Skew you too!

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8