Preview clue 4

Yes, true lace!!!

On the work front, from bad to worse. grrrrrrrr. 'Lost' one of my big clients today after an industrial dispute about pay. Yes, even us translators can get militant. And as a result, the big guy at the production company wrote an email to all of us 'union kiddies' and sacked us. Wished us a happy life and lots of luck. The ... {fill in appropriate expletive here}. A good kick up my own backside actually, to get some decent paying clients, not go for the crappiest jobs, I DESERVE BETTER! And good luck to the poor kid who is going to do the work for them at that price... I mean, no raises at all in all 5 years I worked for them, come on... Has he even seen the price of gas these days???

Anyway...

A nice evening at SnB (with daughter, who loved it!) and 16 letters to publishing houses later I feel much better... I think I can sleep tonight. But still, crap. Crap. Crap.

But tomorrow, time for true lace :)

Comments

Tijm said…
Wat balen zeg!!! Hopelijk vindt je snel een beter betalende 'baas'.
Leuk dat het gezellig was in Wouters! Daar knap je dan helemaal van op hé!
JosĂ© said…
Wat een rotstreek van 'baas'! Maar het geeft, zoals je al schrijft, wel ruimte voor beter betalende opdrachten. Weet je de kanalen? Mail me anders even voor wat uitwisseling, ik heb aan tips van anderen ook veel gehad!
Turbulentie! Nou ik hoop dat het snel weer op de rails staat met nieuwe opdrachtgevers.

Popular posts from this blog

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8

Shetland - Days 1 and 2