Allotment

The allotment was a bit cross with me for calling it a veggie patch. Okay, sorry. Allotment it is!
I also got rid of my black hair dye, by the looks of it;) I love the comment feature, haha...

We were allotted our allotment today. We have a nice patch quite near the end, which is good. This means we can experiment in peace and not that many people will see us make all those beginner mistakes and comment on the fact that we will be growing parsnips. Don´t ask. Husband has a say in this too. And he likes to try parsnips. He is brrrrritisj after all. ;)
After we got our patch, we raced off to the garden store and got ourselves some overalls. I'm pimping wee H's tonight, so they'll look like proper girly overalls, instead of just a red outfit. I'm still thinking of a nice way to pimp my own (Steve passed on the pimping, very clever).
What else are we going to plant? A third is already filled with potatoes, which are meant for the local foodbank (what a great idea!). We will probably keep on rotating, because it was my plan to grow potatoes. We've also chosen for curly cale and cauliflower, long beans, lettuce, and courgettes. Added to this some flowers and then tomatoes and carrots (which are now in containers in our own garden, waiting to sprout) and strawberries. There is a huge rhubarb plant in there already, which I want to try and salvage. The rest is one big heap of earth covered by plastic. Or: a big surprise! We're going tomorrow morning to dig up a few trenches and see/calculate how much we can achieve this week. Because of wee S we can't both work at the same time (unless we tie him up in the stroller), so we'll have to find some kind of rota we're both happy with until we get the basics done.
Wish us luck!

(o yeah, I still knit as well, haha...)

Comments

MoniqueB. said…
So, you're kneehigh in mud too!
I'm very glad my parents are helping me with my allotment. Otherwise I couldn't keep it anymore. It's our fifth year (2 years in Heerenveen also!).
We got about the samethings as you got.
Our Allotmentrules are VERY stricked, we can have NO shed, NO buildings and also a lot of juryresults that end up in MORE work. In the end: it's good eating.
Have fun with it!
Jolanda said…
Binnenkort pluk je er de vruchten van! Heel veel tuinplezier en ik verheug me op foto's.
I'm looking forward to knitting by your side, since all you knitters are growing their own veggies at the same place now!

Popular posts from this blog

Skew you too!

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8