The joys of the bean

Now, I am a great fan of coffee. Love the stuff, can't live without it. I thought I was going mad when I couldn't stand it during my first pregnancy, but luckily when I was expecting Sam, I made up for it by drinking more than ever. The bean is holy here, even though we do try and keep it as low-caf as possible.
When I leafed through the book Sokken brei je zo and saw the pattern for the 'Koffieboon' (Coffee bean), I just had to start it. And it's addictive. Very! And very suitable for knitting during (booooooooring) football games. Sorry, but Greece-Sweden is not doing it for me (hence the blogging during the game). Here my version of the bean:

Pattern: Koffieboontjes, Sokken brei je zo
Yarn: Fortissima Socka Mexiko Color, colourway 9064

My other Fortissima socks are also done. My Pomatomi! Tadaaaaaa!!! And yes, they're watching footie... I did the toe of the second sock differently from the first (first, several months ago, followed the pattern; second, just did my usual toe, with some alterations), but there's no difference in wearing them, so I'm going to leave it like this.
Pattern: Pomatomus, Cookie A.
Yarn: Fortissima Socka, blue/grey

Goal for Sweden! You go guys!!! I've always preferred Abba over Nana Mouskouri... ;)

And again!!!



But Gianni van Bronckhorst is still my top dog!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
No coffee, no glory!
Line said…
Als koffieboontjes breien zo verlavend is als koffiedrinken wordt ik vast knettergek. Niet kunnen werken zonder een sok gebreid te hebben ik zie het al voor me.
Anonymous said…
Je hebt je pomatomus af, klasse! Ik snap net het patroon, Marijgje

Popular posts from this blog

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8

Shetland - Days 1 and 2