Smooshy blue

A whole lot of smooshy goodness - who doesn't love Malabrigo??? This is Azul Profundo. I used just over 2 skeins.

The edging


Just in time to wrap myself in it watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics (If I will watch it, that is...): my Jeanie! Unblocked it is about 155 x 45 cm long and wide. I did change the top and bottom edging, because I found the description very illogical and just knit cables like on the sides and then incorporating one stitch from the main body every row. Much less fuss and nice edging! As soon as my poor legs (we went to town this morning on the bus and walked back, then I biked to the allotment, did loads of hard graft and biked back...) are a bit better, and I've picked up all the yarn my kids have thrown around the house, I will put Jeanie out to block it.

The reason there is loads of yarn lying about, is that I'm going to knit some fun bags, both for the kids and for me (and lo and behold, Mister Man wants a tote bag, with the Marillion Marbles logo on it, so that will take a bit of time designing and creating). I got hold of 25 bags to knit, and will definitely make one of those! That book just made my fingers itch...


This will turn into a Raspberry Milkshake or a Love Heart or even a Clementine for moi.


I see a Jet, Heather and even a Cranberry...

And you don't even want to know how much more yarn I have lying around, just waiting to be turned into bags (I just realised they make great gifts too!)...

Comments

MoniqueB. said…
Oh wow, je Jeanie is af! Petje af, sjaal om. Echt prachtig. Er is wel verschrikkelijk veel tijd in gaan zitten, lijkt me. Maar ik weet hoe zacht hij is... Ik heb zelf nog 1 bol met dezelfde kleur over. Ik vind 'm geweldig, goed gedaan hoor!
Over die tassen; ga je daadwerkelijk zoveel tassen maken, of is eerst 4 genoeg?
Niet vergeten een roze te maken!
Tijm said…
En zit je nice and cossie op de bank met die prachtige sjaal?
Is er wel weer voor want ik vind het gewoon koud.
Anonymous said…
4? Girl, yo can't have enough! Het moet toch matchen bij je outfit....
Anonymous said…
Mooi geworden hoor! Ik ben het met Tijm eens: het weer is wel naar om zo'n mooie sjaal om te slaan.

Popular posts from this blog

Skew you too!

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8