Freshly spun

As we have an SnB spinning course on Sunday and I wanted to try out my Louet first (that would be painful, going to a course learning how to spin and not knowing how to work with my equipment...), I spun a bit of my sheep, twined the yarn and gave it a bit of colour. Me silly, because I had stuff that doesn't work well on wool, plus I did not have any fixatives (yes, salt of course, but hey, I'm still blond) in the house to do it properly... And as Hannah wanted to see how it was done, I just plonked it into cold water with some dye, just to see what happened.
I finished up with 77 grams of a bit overtwined pinkish yarn, not bad for a first attempt, I have to admit. It will be turned into a sweater for Hannahs bear. Watch this space...


Comments

Anonymous said…
Why not make this, with it:
http://ysolda.com/wordpress/2008/10/09/grown-up-booties-pattern/
Tijm said…
Nog al iemand die aan het vooruit werken is. Ik word er zenuwachtig van. Ga ik naar een workshop spinnen om het te leren, kunnen mijn medeklasgenoten het allemaal al. Help, ben ik de dommie van de klas............
See you tomorrow!
Ammerins said…
ooo, da's ook leuk, yvonnep, maar dan krijg ik vast ruzie met dochterlief, haha...

Tijm, het feit dat ik het DOE, betekent nog niet dat ik het KAN... snapjum? ;)
Gawy said…
Ook al stiekem bezig! ;)
Ik vind t wel een schattig kleurtje..
O en Tijm... Ik ben alvast begonnen omdat ik niet de laatste wil zijn die het een beetje onder de knie heeft, morgen! ;)
MoniqueB. said…
Oh wat goed! Gelukt!! Roze natuurlijk, maar wat is het heerlijk om meteen resultaat te zien, te voelen en te gebruiken.
Veel plezier vandaag!
Anonymous said…
Ziet er goed uit! Zo te zien heb je die workshop helemaal niet zo nodig.

Popular posts from this blog

Skew you too!

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8