Hey Teach! done

This morning, the weather was glorious, so I took wee S out in the buggy and we walked into town, abutton huntin'. Lucky for me, there was only one type I liked, so I was finished and done within minutes. Coffee and apple pie very much justified (it is a half-hour walk, you know... ;) )
On coming back, sewed the buttons on and, tadaaaaa....

Pattern: Hey Teach! by Hélène Rush (published on Knitty.com)
Yarn: Scheepjes Delphi (4 balls I think... not sure)
Needles: 5 (US 8)
Dates: September 9 - October 3

Me and big S had a bit of a discussion about Hey Teach! though. He thought it looked a bit frumpy on me. Too course a pattern. Maybe that also was because I was wearing a long sleeve white shirt and azure training pants (no, don't try and picture it in your brain, haha)... I think it looks cool! But I have to agree with him on the shirt thing, maybe not. Probably only as a Summer vest...


On closer inspection of the original pictures in Knitty, I noticed I've done my decreases differently. I don't have stitches in a straight line in my leaves, and I actually prefer my version... Apart from that, one extra row on the collar to be able to do a KBO, and less stitches picked on the collar and button rows no alterations...

Tryater still needs 23.950 hats (well, 23.949 if you count the ONE I have already knit...)...

Comments

Tijm said…
Wat is hij mooi geworden!!
Misschien toch nog eens met lange mouwen proberen en dan een andere kleur??

Mijn mutsen (3) kun je er ook aftrekken, maar dna nog hebben ze veel nodig. Ondanks al die publiciteit is er weinig animo lijkt het wel.
Anonymous said…
Prachtig vind ik hem geworden en staat je goed!!
Anonymous said…
Ik vind het een prachtig vestje, vooral de hals vind ik erg mooi (het patroon ook!)
Anonymous said…
Ik vind het heel mooi geworden!!
Anonymous said…
oh, hij is prachtig geworden... nu ik ook... bijna.

Popular posts from this blog

Skew you too!

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8