Black hole

Do you remember that feeling after your last exam at secondary school? Or after handing in your dissertation at university? After telling a long-time boyfriend that it's over?
The big black hole.
It's the feeling I had last night after finishing these mittens. They were such a joy to knit that I was sad that it was done. For a week I enjoyed my stolen moments on the sofa, the house all quiet (or the tv blaring out while watching a kids' programme or American football), counting away, watching the pattern grow. Like a little baby being born, but then with less pain ;)
And here they are, in their full glory, because of my fascination with Desperate Housewives (at the moment I'm catching up with it and I'm in full swing in season 2): my Brees! I know she would love them (although I've not seen her knit anything else but a scarf...), considering how passionate she is about aprons, I bet she would have mittens matching her coat(s) too - although I guess it doesn't get cold enough in Wisteria Lane to wear them.
Okay, drool time!



Comments

Tijm said…
Woh Meid, wat zijn ze geweldig mooi!!!!!!!!
Kan me zo voorstellen dat je nu helemaal in een 'zwart en leeg gat' valt.
Niks is nu leuk genoeg om dit prachtige breisel te evenaren. Even maar niks op de pennen dus en langszaam bijkomen van dit enorme succes!
Anonymous said…
Heel erg ontzettend leuk geworden!
Line said…
Ze zijn dan ook prachtig. Nu dan maar lekker nagenieten
Anonymous said…
A knittersblock! Maar dan opeens ....weet je het. Je gaat voor alle snbers fryslan de wanten breien (het is maar een idee)
Ammerins said…
Hahahaha, nee hoor, ik ben al met een paar Merletto's begonnen, maar dat is een geheim project, ssssst...
MoniqueB. said…
Let there be light! Bright LIGHT..
Away, black hole, away....
You deserve to be in the spotlight for this. They are AB-FAB!
So delicate, just amazing.
Anonymous said…
Ja, ik herken dat ook dat er zo'n leegte ontstaat, ik had het laatst nadat ik eindelijk het laatste Harry Potter boek uit had gelezen.

Je handschoenen zijn echt prachtig geworden. Daar kun je heel erg trots op zijn!!
Ze zijn geweldig! Als je wilt mag je mijn boek "Latvian Mittens" wel lenen, kun je even verder!

Popular posts from this blog

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8

Shetland - Days 1 and 2