Spinning and knitting away

Last weekend, I spent a night away to catch up with some friends. I had been talking about my wheel so often that of course they challenged me to take it with me. And of course I did, to their surprise! But it was great. I got to chat, drink wine (but not that much) and spun, and spun, and spun... until my roving was gone.




Thanks Brenda for the lovely photographs!

And then, last night, knitting through the annoying pain in my arm, but thoroughly enjoying the knit and all the pre-election antics on the telly, I finished Mesi! The inside is almost as much fun as the outside. Made out of Juvel, a 100% washable wool, in purple and green. This will be given to a friend of mine at SnB Fryslan, who has contacts in a shelter, and there will be some homeless gals and geezers walking the streets with cool hatwear this winter!


I knit this with the yarn in both hands, purple in the right and green in the left hand, to get some practice for my Snow Bird Mittens, which I started straight after. No time to dally, there's elections on today, lots of TV watching tonight, so lots of knitting time!!!

Excuse the blur, but it was after midnight... Better pictures tonight!
These mitts will be knit with natural and charcoal grey alpaca, yumyum!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Meid, het ziet er fantastisch uit.
MoniqueB. said…
Met zo'n ontzettend mooie trui nog meer moois maken. Geweldig!
De Mesi-muts is geweldig! Wat een prachtige combinatie. Wat een groot hart heb je.
Anonymous said…
Wat ziet dat er gezellig uit als je zo zit te spinnen.

Het mutsje is prachtig!

Popular posts from this blog

Skew you too!

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8