Snowflakes in my tree...

And in Puk's tree, too! She was my christmas ornament swap partner (well, she put a call out on her blog, and I thought it was a great idea, so replied...) and while she made me a lovely heart to go in my tree (picture will follow, I've temporarily displaced my camera, lol), I made here a few snowflakes. I fell in love with these the minute I saw them on Ravelry and made 4 for Puk and 2 for myself. More to follow, but, as usual, I've so much going on (work, the need to keep my weight stable by Wii-ing A LOT at night - darn all that lovely winter food..., kids that refuse to let me work/knit/crochet/do anything, and three other projects that want my urgent attention) that I've not finished as many as I wanted...
A quick project recap! First, I crocheted these lovely snowflakes, designed by Sally George, and then submerged them in my sugary water. Just a few tablespoons and a cup of hot water.
Let them soak for a bit, pin them out (blocking for crochet, lol) on a few big cork potholders (MAKE SURE TO PUT SOME BAKING/GREASEPROOF PAPER UNDERNEATH if you want to keep them white ;) ) and let them dry out on the radiator (or just as is, but that will take a while longer).
Then I sewed on some red ribbon to hang them up and voila...

Comments

Judith said…
Nice, very nice!

Ciao,
Judith
Anonymous said…
Wat zijn ze leuk!!
Tijm said…
Ze zijn zo leuk en liefelijk!!
Ik had ze ook gezien, maar ja.....ik en engels, engels en ik......
Ik zal dus toch maar op zoek naar de vertaling van de haakafkortingen. Ik ben uiteindelijk zelf aan het prutsen gegaan en kreeg ook leuke ornamenten, die ik als onderzetters gebruik, maar dezen vind ik toch een slagje mooier.
Bedankt voor de tip met het suikerwater.
Mariella said…
ooh, leuk! Misschien dat ik ze ook nog wel even ga haken, ze zijn onzettend mooi geworden! (7-up werkt ook prima al suikerwater)
Anonymous said…
Note to myself:

Ik moet echt leren haken.
Ik moet echt leren haken.

Wow, wat prachtig! Ik vind de swap een groot succes, wat jij!
Anonymous said…
hmm, als ik dit zo zie wil ik echt leren haken. Maarja, ik wil zo veel en er gaan nog steeds maar 24 uur in een dag. Ze zijn echt prachtig!
Anonymous said…
Ze zijn top! Misschien toch maar weer eens gaan haken.

Popular posts from this blog

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8

From Carolus to Lodewijk