Digging in

Today, I got some work done at the allotment. It felt great! The first bit went okay, as we had that cultivated last year. I dug up until the rhubarb plant, created a compost heap and then I hit the bit which was allowed to run wild last year. Wow, heavy going that! There were a lot of roots stuck in the soil and the soil was a lot stickier than the first bit. After 2 hours of hard grafting, I had enough and called it a day. At least I got the 'potato patch' dug over, so that's good. Hopefully, it will stay dry a bit this week, and we can both (yes, the DH and me!) work on the allotment on Tuesday or Thursday.
I also got to meet our new neighbours, Johannes and Lucia (from Mexico), who took over the corner patch a few weeks ago. Great, three patches in a row belonging to 'young' people. The revolution is well under way! ;)

On the knitting front: I finished the second Cache Coeur (blue) and will finish both off with buttons tomorrow.
And yes, I will try and finish wee S's red sweater soon, otherwise I can start all over again for next winter...

First, work... Better get stuck in... Deadline on Tuesday...

Comments

MoniqueB. said…
Onze moestuin is een puinhoop! maar we hoeven het niet op te ruimen, we hebben een nieuwe. Van tuin 1 naar tuin 8. Scheelt een heleboel onderhoud (1 was een hoektuin) en geloop.
Het zou deze week droog blijven, maar wel koud. Knap hoor, dat je al begonnen bent. Ik blijf nog even binnen.
Tijm said…
Zalig weer op de tuin hé!
Ik ben ook altijd al vroeg in het seizoen er te vinden, want daar heb je later op in het jaar erg veel profijt van!
De houtsnippers zijn voor iedereen. Halen maar, makkelijk voor onder de bessenstruiken, fruibomen, onder rabarber en als paden.
Ik ben gek op het spul en heb al 2 dagen heen en weer gelopen.
Spierpijn! Maar dat doet het 'oude lijf' wel weer goed,dit is namelijk mijn sportschool.

Popular posts from this blog

Skew you too!

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8