Colour 'n things...

A white wall... well, nearly, just a few patches to touch up (note to self: by daylight!) here and there. And mystical powers have created a perfect circle in the middle of the wall where the paint is much whiter than around it... Strange...
And some projects! My Hourglass socks are done. Love the colour and feel of the socks but.... they are very saggy and a bit big. Socks for my boots! I might frog back a bit and shorten the foot, but when I pull them up they seem fine, probably because of the combination of a lacey pattern and my voluptuous calves... ;)

And some WIPs, firstly my Chullo, in Alpaca, still a bit doubtful whether I made the right choice there, but I'll try it on after the next 2 patterns and then decide...
And socks in a yarn I got gifted for my sock blanket. As it was a full ball, I thought I try some socks first. Well. What can I say. These are being frogged back and I'll try to make them with Lieke's Pieken & Dalen pattern.... This is not really my taste...

Yup, I love my new white wall! And I will even more once I get the coving and plinths sorted ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
mooi wit is niet lelijk!
JosĂ© said…
Misschien heeft er iets ronds aan de muur gehangen en is er flink gerookt in huis, zodat er rondom de cirkel nicotine door je verf komt? Ik hoop het niet, dan heb je straks een geelbruine muur met een witte cirkel ;-)

Het gestreepte garen is wel zeer geschikt voor een deken, ja!
Anonymous said…
Pieken en dalen wordt denk ik heel leuk in dit garen, maar je hebt gelijk, voor gewoon tricotsteek is het een beetje saai.
Tijm said…
Prachtig werk heb je geleverd. Niet alleen met die witte muur, maar ook die prachtige sokken en al het andere waar je mee bezig bent.
Ammerins said…
Jose, daar zeg je wat. Er is heeeel veel gerookt in dit huis voor ons (ik zal je de details maar besparen wat er gebeurde toen we het behang eraf gingen stomen, bah, bah, bah, bah...) en het is wel tegenover de keuken, dus kan er een klok hebben gehangen. Maar dan zouden er ook rechthoeken moeten zijn voor foto's en zo, maar die zie ik dus niet... Morgen nog even gluren ;)
En ach, er komt toch wel wat tegen de muur daar, dus echt opvallen gaat het straks zeker niet!
Anonymous said…
Wat een mooie sokken zijn het geworden, prachtig. Hm leuk zo fantaseren over wat er precies op die plek op de muur gebeurt is!!!
Oh er wordt weer hard gewerkt! Mooie sokken hoor, erg mooi patroon dat Hourglass

Popular posts from this blog

Skew you too!

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8