The cabinet pre-pimp, but after I had already painted the top two drawers ;)
The cabinet post-pimp. With new chrome slimline legs, adding some height, painted dusky pink and beautiful knobs.
I had the choice between marguerites and edelweiss buttons, and as we are slightly crazy about 'that' musical, I chose the edelweiss. Aren't they gorgeous?
While I was painting, my yarn pimp rang. I had ordered loads of Drops Delight and Alpaca (for this and this), so while the paint was drying, I quickly cycled out and picked up my stash.
After clearing out my yarn basket, it now looks pretty and coordinated again, and very inviting! I bet some new projects will be started before Sam's tunic is finished...
While clearing out the yarn basket, I came across one of my crochet projects I started last year, shortly after Queensday - a year ago!!! And as promised, I immediately finished it and Hannah got to use it today!the bag I crocheted last year on Queensday, but a bit smaller and with just two strands of yarn, one sock yarn (Fabel) and one strand acrylic, in shades of pink and purple. I added a flower on the flap, crocheted some picots around the edge and then sewed on two little flower buttons. She's chuffed as a peacock! And that is before I actually lined it ;) I'll rummage around my bits of fabric to see if I have something flowery, as it could use some strengthening, especially the strap.
gardening blog, which I will try and update today as wel...