From pink to red and lots of new projects...

I can really notice I'm on holiday... Even though I'm (still) running around like a headless chicken, I am doing stuff I want to do, like painting, clearing the house, pottering about in the garden, shopping, and knitting!
Last week I spent most nights knitting these, a little testknit for her. She was looking for knitters to test-knit some winter mittens and as I thought they were super cute, I couldn't say no.
After a false start (yarn was too thin, so didn't get proper gauge), they just ran off my needles. And despite the bobbliness of the mittens (hey, I'm crap at blocking and once you wear them, this sorts itself out quick enough) they are beautiful! The figurines are mirrorred on the mittens, and I just love the little hearts on the back. Again: cute!

I know winter is still a long way off, but they will go in my drawer and wait patiently...

Yarn: no idea, stash, but sock weight (DK)
Needles: 2.5 mm circs
Pattern: Boy meets girl, by Michelle Kelly, available as a payable download from Ravelry from mid August

Oh, and the other stuff I've started? You just have to wait and see a bit...

Comments

Marijke said…
The mittens are sooo cute. Enjoy your holiday!
MoniqueB. said…
Zo da's lekker optijd. En je breit zĂł snel! Bij de SnB was je er nog mee bezig.
Erg mooi en precies je kleur.
Oh my goodness. Your blog totally fell off my radar...I accidentally removed my list and have been slowly building it back up. Felt like something was missing, though, and it was YOU! Love all the posts...just got caught up. Bunny is gorgeous, I MUST make that sweater with the ruched yoke, and the mittens are divine. Have so much fun in Portrush and raise a glass in my name...would love to be there with you all!
Marbada said…
leuk!!! idd vooral de hartjes aan de binnen kant zijn echt lief.
Anonymous said…
Wat een leuke wanten!

Geniet er van de winter maar fijn van!

Groetjes

Wianne

Popular posts from this blog

Skew you too!

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8