Tour de Fleece - day 20

We're nearly in Paris... The cyclists are crossing the Alps and I almost went to bits today... Well, as a figure of speech, that is! It was such a busy day: first getting the kids to school for their last day before the Summer Holidays, baking pancakes, dropping them off at school, getting our own lunch ready, then back to school for the class performances...
But I never got to that last one. Work put a bit of a spanner in the wheels, in the form of a software glitch, which meant I spent 2 hours cleaning a document up that I had to hand in that afternoon. So no performances for me, but luckily hubby was able to go and take some pictures. While the kids celebrated their first free afternoon, I got on with the rest of the translation jobs in my queue, some cleaning, some cooking, lots of laundry etcetera... to finally sit down to some relaxing and spinning around Question Time...
I first n-plied the yarn I spun yesterday, and then got to work on the French (yes, French, not Fresh...) sheep I bought in Hoorn. This will be spun up nice and thick and then turned into a 2-ply yarn for nice cushions. I got a lovely book with amazing cable patterns, so the ideas are flowing again...


Oh yeah, and if I didn't have enough stash yet, my roving from De Spinners arrived. With some teal dye, which I have some exciting plans for...

Comments

Jolanda said…
Lang verwacht toch nog gekregen!

Popular posts from this blog

Skew you too!

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8