Tour de Fleece - day 22

The last 'real' day of the Tour de Fleece competition, and I was following the time trials with one eye, while keeping another on the drum carder... In the end I carded nearly 200 grams of pink/purple fleece, turning it into a great little stash of batts for spinning later. The bag I got when I bought my Namaste Zuma bag comes in very handy to store these soft fluffy bits of goodness.
Later at night, I attempted some lace weight spinning with the wood/merino/soy silk/black diamond bamboo roving, failing miserably as I was laughing so loud while watching Kick Ass. Really, big LOL. It is definitely a 16 movie though... However funny and comicky it is, the kids won't be watching it. Too much gore...
I will try and give the lace weight another go later today. First it's clean-up time... There's nowhere to go in this weather, so we'll just give the house a spruse up before sitting down in front of another cool movie with the kids...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skew you too!

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8