Fairytale swap

I'm a member of the SwapLicious group on Ravelry, where we organize yarn and knitting- related swaps, but also Secret Santa swaps. The last swap was the Fairytale swap, where you had to choose a fairytale and then buy and make little presents to send to your 'swappie'.
I had very early on decided I was going to go for the Vrouw Holle fairytale, and had great fun trying to find things in the store to go with the fairytale and make some items as well...

My swap partner, Tineke, received some tea (apple and liquorice), a apple-shaped notice board, popcorn, snowy Christmas cards and bread mix (if you know the fairytale, you might know where in the story they fit) and I also made some stuff...
First up, some sock blockers with flowers (the Dutch name of the fairytale is 'Vlijtig Liesje', which is also a type of flower).
A never-ending spindle... which I had painted, stamped, and which was then ruined because the paint just wouldn't dry... Luckily, I could get another wheel, restamp and send it off before the swap was over ;) With the spindle, I sent her some white merino and Gotland locks. I hopes she tries it out and becomes an avid spinner like me!
My 'piece de resistance', and the gift I had to hide from the kids, as I knew they would want to keep it otherwise, was the rooster. Tineke can hang it from the loop attached, either wearing it on her bag or just to have it decoration.

It is quite big, and it was super fun to make! Even though I did burn my pinkie with the glue gun... ;)
Of course, I also received a package... Mine was themed Rapunzel! The card with the package was super cool.
And what did Rebbeltje, my Rapunzel swappie, have in store for me? A whole box full of goodies!
When I had finished unwrapping them all, I had six tealights and holders (lamps), colouring pencils, a notebook, scissors, bird stickers, a lovely ball of blue sock yarn, the fairy tale as a book and the movie on cd...

...and an amazing crocheted Pascal!
Within 2 minutes, World War 3 broke out between the kids about who was going to get it. And the answer: ME!
Thanks Rebbeltje!
I have already signed up for the next swap, which is themed 'Glitter & Glamour'...
And to end the fairytale, I felted Hannahs Lapwing... It fits now (it was too big), but still, we are slightly mourning the loss of a lovely garment... :( My own little Rapunzel has already requested the knitting of something new...


Comments

MoniqueB. said…
Amazing!! Wat een werk heb je er van gehad. Die haan is ECHT fantastisch.

I think I need to brush up on my fairytale knowledge...

Je hebt ook hele mooie kadoo's gekregen; is Pascal nog voor jou, of hebben de kids hem al ingepikt??
Marbada said…
Jij boft maar! ik vind Pascal geweldig!~!

Popular posts from this blog

Skew you too!

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8