Mirror socks

On the verge of 2007/2008, I decided to knit the Spiegelsokken from the sock knitting group on Yahoo. They knit up like a dream, so fast! I finished them around 11 PM on New Year's Eve, so just in time. I did not make any alterations. Yarn used was Fortissima Socka in PINK (as if I would ever TRY another colour ;)).
On New Year's Day, I had a ticket for a game show and as we had a long drive ahead of us from Leeuwarden to Aalsmeer, I quickly jotted down the pattern for the next KAL, the Fruit Basket, and altered that to 80 stitches to fit big S. I actually got about 10 cms done that day, so he'll have to try them on soon for circumference to see if they're not too big... I didn't win anything in the show, but like all the contestants who bothered to turn up on New Year's Day, I went home with a nice Sony DVD Camcorder. Not bad, hey???
And today, at the SnB night, I won a free ticket to the Handwerkbeurs in Zwolle next month, courtesy of Angelique from Wolhemel. Thanks babes! (And thanks for the ride home...)

Comments

Tijm said…
Wat een geluksvogel ben jij!!
EN wat zin je sokken prachtig mooi geworden! En dan jouw tempo..........speedy consalis is er niks bij!

Vr.gr.Tijm
triconette said…
Zien er prachtig uit, je spiegeltjes... varierend op Tijm: spiegel consalis :-) yvonnep
http://www.philippa.nl/yvonnep
MoniqueB. said…
Jij krijgt dus 'herinneringen' kadoo via een camcorder. Mooi zeg!

Snelle sokken ja, maar ik denk dat het ook aan jouw ligt. Ik heb je zien breien en dat ging behoorlijk rap.
When Spring arrives, maybe we can make some nice Dutch knitting instruction video's in a flowery garden setting with your new camcorder! Sokken zijn geweldig leuk.
Ammerins said…
haha, ja, als je me wilt boeken, dan kan dat... ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Skew you too!

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8