Stitching...

Following the theme of 'RecyKLEREN' which is doing the rounds on Dutch and Belgian blogs, I've started to do some deconstruction and reconstruction work. Two of my garments faced the chop. My warm, red wintercoat, which has served its purpose for me and had more rips in the lining and pilling on the outside than I wanted, and a summery top, which is too big. The red coat was going to be turned into a red coat - for Mermaid. So after some cutting, drawing out patterns and cutting paper, I had a pile of fabric and a pile of paper... And the two did not match. The horror... There just wasn't enough fabric to make a coat out of it. And even the pattern for a coat for Batman required more fabric than I have :( The plan now is to turn it into a nice woollen skirt for the little lady.
The coat before...
And now: a pile of wool fabric, lining, buttons and labels
The top actually fared better, but then, that was much easier! I only had to take in the sides a bit, turn the cap sleeves into straps and voila...
The top before...
And after!
One very happy customer with a new summery dress!

Comments

Jolanda said…
Geweldig! De jurk staat haar goed!
hannah said…
De jurk is prachtig. Jammer dat het met de jas niet wilde lukken....

Popular posts from this blog

Back from our holiday to Norn Iron

Shetland - day 3 - Monday October 8

Shetland - Days 1 and 2